082: Stuck in a rut: how to break free from burnout
Here's what it feels like to be stuck in a rut as a manager or business owner:
- You feel like work follows you everywhere - even at home.
- You feel like you have too much work and not enough support.
- If you're a business owner, you might feel like you're not getting what you need from your team.
- You can't remember the last time you took any time for yourself without worrying about work or your team or your business.
- You're so desperate to get unstuck that you want to cut and run.
Before you make a choice you might regret, take a deep breath and ask yourself this: what's making you feel this way? Are you burned out? Are you bored? Do you need more support? Whatever it is, before you can find a way to solve it, you have to identify it...and before you decide if managing truly isn't right for you, you have to find a way to get out of the rut. We can't make decisions clearly when we're feeling trapped. Here's how you can get unstuck...
WORK WITH LIA:
Want a checklist of things you can do THIS month to become a better manager? Check out my Thriving Team Scorecard for a list of quick actions you can take right away with your team: liagarvin.com/scorecard
Book a FREE scaling strategy consultation with yours truly: calendly.com/liagarvin/scaleup-strategy?back=1&month=2023-08
Join the MANAGING MADE SIMPLE HUB, a membership community for team leaders and small business owners. This is your one-stop shop for building effective, motivated, & profitable teams: https://www.liagarvin.com/hub
CONNECT WITH LIA: